Imagine your quest…
Novelist and Screenwriter
A. K. Frailey is a self-published author of seven books including a non-fiction work, five novels, and a children’s illustrated short story. She currently attends Full Sail University’s Creative Writing Master of Fine Arts Degree Program. During her graduate studies, Mrs. Frailey completed two feature film scripts, an animated feature script, a series pilot, and several short stories. She enjoys adapting her writing to fit her audience and writes quickly for a variety of genres, though she currently enjoys exploring science fiction.
~Short Story Schedule~
Each story offers a glimpse into the Last of Her Kind or the Newearth Universe
July 30th – Rain from a Cloudless Sky
August 13th – Mirror Image
August 27th – The Human Question
September 10th – Horizon Line
September 24th – Enemy Self
~BOOKS BY A.K. FRAILEY~
The Adventures of Tally-Ho Stories of faith, family, and nature…
A joy filled combination!
“…an inspiring tale…” –Ellen Gable Hrkach – President of The Catholic Writers Guild
“A wonderful story of adventure and courage…” Lu Cortese, President of St. Joseph Radio – I.H.S. Productions
“My children love this author!” – Anne Houseal Retired Army Colonel, Alaskan, wife and mother of four
Family, rebellion, fierce battles and adventure…something for all readers. Ann Stock, Our Sorrowful Mother’s Ministry
…a distinctive journey through tenets of the Christian faith as seen through the lens of The Lord of the Rings. It was a treat for someone like me who loves this story so much. – Brent King
“A great book that is exciting and hard to put down.” -E. F.
“This book was wonderful. It kept my attention and couldn’t put it down.” -C.W.
“Excellent and thought provoking read!”-T.M.
“ARAM was an imaginative, creative work. The book was action packed, not a dull page. -Linda
“I thoroughly enjoyed this book – it was hard to put down!” -Bautem
~Author Bio and Resume~
As an author and teacher with a B. S. in Elementary Education, A. K. Frailey has self-published seven books and had articles published in the New Oxford Review, the Latin Mass, and Above Rubies magazines and has spoken on various radio programs and given live talks.
Her first book, The Road Goes Ever On – A Christian Journey through the Lord of the Rings, received an imprimatur from the Bishop of Springfield, Illinois. Her fictional work, The Deliverance Trilogy, including ARAM, Ishtar’s Redemption, and Neb the Great received the Seal of Approval twice from The Catholic Writers Guild. Neb the Great made Honorable Mention in the 2014 Hollywood Book Festival in genre based fiction. She published Georgios I – Hidden Heritage, and the sequel, Georgios II – A Chosen People in 2015. In 2016, she published her first illustrated children’s book, The Adventures of Tally-Ho.
A. K. Frailey belongs to the Catholic Writer’s Guild, maintains a mini-farm with her children and their numerous critters, and currently attends Full Sail University’s Creative Writing Master of Fine Arts Degree Program. She also blogs about life and literature at: https://akfrailey.com/blog/
Author: From 2010 to present, published one non-fiction book, six novels, and an illustrated children’s book.
- Wrote, hired editors, designers, artists, and self-published each of her seven books through Amazon as e-books and/or paperbacks.
- Managed an on-line media presence through various social media sites, which have added up to hundreds of thousands of views.
- Copyrighted each of her works.
- Gave talks on live and recorded radio programs and to live audiences.
Home Educator: From 1996 to Present, home-educated her children from kindergarten through high school.
- Organized curriculums spanning every grade from kindergarten to senior in high school.
- Arranged communication between the homeschool and state and private run agencies and support systems.
- Managed her students into college settings, encouraging them to earn significant scholarships and awards for excellence.
Teacher: From 1987 to 1996, taught in a variety of classroom positions in public and private schools across the U. S. and as a Teacher Trainer in Peace Corps, Philippines.
- Organized and taught classroom material according to curriculum standards.
- Taught classes in English or Spanish as required.
- Managed after school programs and extracurricular activities for a variety of age groups.
Full Sail University, Winter Park, FL Master of Fine Arts Degree in Creative Writing for Entertainment (3.9)
- Course Director’s Award: Episodic & Serial Writing, Storytelling & Storyboarding for Animation
- Course Director’s Award: Film Screenwriting
University of Wisconsin, Milwaukee Bachelors Degree in Elementary Education